Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Dominoes and toothless smiles

My friend, Juan 
The soon coming end of my time here means the beginning of the hard 'goodbyes.' One of these recent moments was having to say goodbye to all of the old men that I have come to know this past semester from my weekly Tuesday visits at the nursing home. These men have taught me so much about patience (playing dominoes game after dominoes game can sure get old...), love, and serving others simply to serve them. I had the privilege of not only playing dominoes with them over and over but also getting to know some of them like my friend, Juan on a deeper level and I am so very thankful for those special conversations with him.

The following video is one that I made for my final presentation for my community service class here in Sevilla. I believe it captures quite well the toothless smiles, the dominoes games, and the joy from our time with these men at the nursing home.


No comments:

Post a Comment